Summer Flounder and Black Sea Bass Regulation Changes
Mon April 2, 2012, 10:03 am
The NJDEP Division of Fish and Wildlife is informing anglers of the recent changes for summer flounder and black sea bass regulations for 2012 fishing season.
The recreational summer flounder regulations for 2012 are as follows:
* minimum size limit of 17.5-inches
* bag limit of 5-fish per person per day
* open season from May 5 through September 28.
The recreational black sea bass regulations for 2012 are:
* minimum size limit of 12.5-inches
* bag limit of 25-fish per person per day
* open season from May 19 through October 14 and November 1 through December 31.
Please note that the black sea bass season regulations will likely change again. Anglers should check the division's website for future changes . The division will also notify subscribers to the NJ Marine Fishing E-mail List about changes pertaining to these or other marine species - see http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/lstsub.htm for information on the list and how to subscribe.
The Division would also like to remind all saltwater anglers ages 16 and older to register with the free NJ Saltwater Recreational Registry Program
(NJSRRP) annually. The NJSRRP was established in 2011 to exempt NJ anglers from having to register with the National Saltwater Angler Registry and having to pay the $15.00 federal registration fee. In order to register, go to http://www.saltwaterregistry.nj.gov/.
The Division of Fish and Wildlife is seeking the assistance of NJ's saltwater anglers. Since 2009, the Division has conducted an online volunteer angler survey to collect information on recreationally important marine finfish species. Information collected through this voluntary survey will provide data which may support alternative management strategies that increase fishing opportunities for the public. The focus of this voluntary survey is to collect catch and effort information from fishing trips in marine and estuarine waters of the state and surrounding areas. In order to participate, go to http://www.nj.fishandwildlife.com/marinesurvey.htm.
From Bakers Marina Group, we hope you find this information informative and useful.
About The Bakers Marina Group
Join the group, join the fun, get four Marinas for the price of one!
Our goal is to provide our customers with the greatest boating experience! Bakers Marina Group offer our members the longest boating season, April 1st through December 1st. Choose one of our four locations and enjoy free weekend getaways at our other three.
The Bakers Marina Group consists of four marinas:
- Marina on the Bay, Highlands, NJ sits across from Sandy Hook and has access to some of the best fishing in the Northeast. Enjoy adjacent restaurant and nearby shopping.
- Baker's Landing Marina, Long Branch, NJ is located on Pleasure Bay, a serene section of the Shrewsbury River.
- Baker's Basin Marina, Waretown, NJ sits in South Harbor Lagoon with direct access to the Atlantic Ocean.
- Willow Point Marina, Greenwood Lake, NY offers a full lake experience with breath taking mountain views.
For more information, visit our website at http://www.bakersmarinagroup.com or contact Tom at 732-504-5196